XNAT comes bundled with a Java applet that allows users to view images from an MR Session in the browser window. Here is a step-by-step process for getting this to work:
- From within a project, go to the subject and open the session
- Go to the Actions box, select View - View Images
- BE SURE to click "NO" on the Warning - Security box that inevitably comes up when a Java applet is launched. Accidentally clicking "Yes" here (as you might if you think "Yes, I want to run this applet") may prevent the applet from running correctly in the future, at least until you have cleared your browser cache.
- A selection window will pop up when the applet successfully launches. From within the selection window:
- Under Type: select the type of file you wish to view
- Under Image: pick the exact image you wish to view
- Click GO
- The Image viewer will open as shown below. You can use the slider to navigate from frame to frame of your image session.
- To make the image larger, type "2" on your keyboard for 2 times bigger, "3" for three times, "4" for four times
At the very bottom of this window, move the slider to the left and right to see the image movement