- About XNAT
- News & Events
- XNAT Marketplace
- Contact Us
If you have an inexperienced user base, or you simply want to create a more streamlined workflow for users, you can configure a custom resource uploader for your project. A resource uploader would be used for uploading additional files that are not image scan files to your XNAT file system, and associating them with a data record in your project. Examples might be:
Here are the step-by-step instructions.
1. Open the "Manage" tab on your Project home page, and go to Project Resource Settings.
2. Click Start to open a configuration console.
3. Pick a context for your uploader. Resource files can be added at every level of the XNAT data structure. If you want to set up an uploader at multiple levels (i.e. project and subject and session), you will need to run through this process multiple times. You will notice that inputs for the following steps may change slightly depending on your selection.
Note: "Experiments" are referred to as "Subject Assessors" in newer versions of XNAT.
4. Define what resource you expect users to upload. This allows you to make most of the decisions that the Manage Files interface requires ahead of time, so users don't have to go through so many clicks.
Here is a quick rundown of options.
Additional options may appear depending on which level you are configuring the uploader for:
5. Click "Add" to save the custom upload configuration. Saved configurations will appear in this dialog under "Defined Resource Configurations."
If a custom uploader is configured for your project, users will see a new action in the actions menu: Upload Additional Files.
Custom Uploaders cannot be run on shared resources. For example, if you have shared a subject from a source project into a destination project, you cannot run a resource upload script on that subject in the destination project. This is because the source project still owns that subject and its resources.
Once you click on Upload Additional Files, an upload modal dialog will open.
Using this UI presents a much simpler experience for users. All they have to do is pick an upload type from the select menu, and click Upload Files. Any files selected will be uploaded and processed and added to the appropriate resource folder.