- Start from an XNAT data table, either on the Project report page, a data type report, or the result of an advanced search.
- Click the Options drop-down near the top right of the data table interface.
- Select Save As New Search
- In the Save Search window, enter a search name in the Brief Description field.
- Enter a description in the Full Description field.
- Click the Submit button.
The search is now available under Stored Searches in top navigation.
If you started from a Project data table, this stored search can also be added as a new tab on the Project report page.
Uploading a Stored Search Definition
A stored search can be defined in XML, and uploaded via the XML Uploader. Go to Upload > XML in the top navigation to start. Once a stored search has been uploaded, an XNAT Admin may need to modify the stored search permissions to allow access for specific users.
Creating Site-wide Stored Searches
XNAT Site Administrators can create site-wide stored searches, otherwise known as bundles. See Sharing Stored Searches in the Administrator documentation for more details.