- A laptop with at least a dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM, although we strongly suggest you have at least 4GB of RAM. The more CPU and RAM you have, the better. The provided virtual machine will be 32-bit, so there are no requirements as to whether you have a 32- or 64-bit operating system. If you don't have a laptop, one can be provided for you.
- At least a few GB of free hard drive space and a free working USB port. The virtual machine will be provided on a USB flash drive, but VM performance will be greatly enhanced by copying the VM onto your local hard drive.
- Please install one of the following beforehand to run the VM: VMware Workstation, VMware Player, or VMware Fusion (Mac OS X) - the virtual machine is set up to run in without conversion, importing, etc. with these applications.
- If you are planning or considering developing custom XNAT data types for your projects or for general usage on the XNAT Marketplace, bring any collateral or reference material necessary for properly defining your requirements. For example, you might want to bring clinical assessment forms, subject study in-processing forms, and so on. One of the goals of the 2012 workshop is to engage with our users' practical requirements and get you started on real-world solutions.
- If you're coming to the hack-a-thon, bring your ideas and post them here.