You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
What Do XNAT Admins Need to Know?
In each successive release we have worked to add functionality to XNAT, inadvertently making the job of XNAT Administration more complex. In XNAT 1.7, we are hoping to combat that complexity by making XNAT easier to set up, and by bringing more control into the Admin UI.
With that said, however, there are some tasks related to administering your XNAT that still require access to the file system (such as adding pipelines and plugins), and still some reporting (such as complex data freezes) that can only be done with access to the PostgreSQL database.
With that in mind, there are multiple ways you can set up Admin Access in XNAT. You can create a user that has full access to your XNAT and all its data, or you can limit the powers of certain admin users by not granting project data access. Learn more about Admin User Roles.
When your task necessitates working with the back end, it is helpful to know how XNAT and its components are organized. Learn more about the XNAT backend.
For all other XNAT Admin tasks, please see below.
XNAT First-time Setup
XNAT Security Settings
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-security"
Managing Sites and Studies
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-sites"
- Project Intake and Definition Process
- Supporting Project Protocols (with the Visits and Protocols plugin)
- Supporting Longitudinal Studies (with the Visits and Protocols plugin)
- Creating Custom Reports for Studies
- Managing Data Freezes
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-customization"
- UI Modifications and Customizations via the Admin UI
- Adding a Custom UI Theme
- Customizing Report Pages
- Customizing a Data Table (Listing)
- Adding Custom Site-wide User Roles
Adding On To XNAT
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-adding-on"
Connecting XNAT to Other Systems
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-connections"
- Connecting XNAT to DICOM Scanners (C-Store Receiver Setup)
- Connecting XNAT to PACS
- Connecting XNAT to other XNATs (via JAAT or the Project Sync Plugin)
- Connecting XNAT to LDAP Authentication
Computing in XNAT
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-computing"
- Configuring the Pipeline Engine (XNAT back-end)
- How To Install Pipelines (XNAT back-end)
- How To Configure Pipeline Default Parameters (XNAT Admin UI)
Each of these pages needs a label "admin-automation"
- No labels