Tips For A Productive Workshop Experience
The workshop is now less than a week away, and we have just three short days to devote to XNAT practical sessions and development projects. Here are some tips for attendees that should help us hit the ground running and have a great and productive time.
- Make sure you have up-to-date hardware and software to work on. See the workshop wiki for Hardware and Software Requirements
- XNAT and the XNAT Vagrant project have just been updated to 1.7.4! Make sure you get the latest versions from www.xnat.org/download
- Make Friday your "Download Day." Set aside some time to install Vagrant and VirtualBox on your local machine. We strongly recommend developing XNAT in a Vagrant VM environment to minimize potential environment conflicts.
- Also on Download Day, download the XNAT Stack base box for Vagrant. This is a large download (~1 GB) but it only needs to be downloaded once, then it is cached locally and reused for each XNAT VM that you create.
- As a final Download Day activity, set up your XNAT VM with plugins and sample data. See XNAT Vagrant VM Setup.
What Do You Want To Work On?
We have set up a page on the workshop wiki for you to tell us a little about yourselves and your XNAT experience. Feel free to let everyone know who you are and why you're coming: 2017 Workshop Attendees.
Also, let us know what projects you're hoping to work on during our hackathon sessions: 2017 Hackathon Projects.
All workshop attendees now have a valid login to the XNAT Confluence wiki. If your account was just created, you should have received an email from Confluence that will let you set a password. If you did not receive this email, or just can't find it, you can set a new password here: https://wiki.xnat.org/forgotuserpassword.action
Please note that if you had trouble logging in to Confluence last week, our IT people have been performing some maintenance to troubleshoot a recent upgrade. Everything should be working now.
Have Something Exciting To Share?
We have dedicated time in the Workshop Agenda for short breakout talks by attendees on Tuesday afternoon. If you would like to give a 10-15 minute presentation on any XNAT-related subject, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the agenda.