Instructions on getting from the airport to the Workshop and Hotels
Step 1: From the airport, get onto a Metrolink Train heading eastbound.
- If flying into the East Terminal (Southwest Airlines), exit the terminal by baggage claim into the parking garage. The Metrolink Platform is located at the far end of the garage. There is an elevator up to the platform.
- If flying into the Main Terminal (All other airlines), go upstairs from baggage claim to the ticketing area. Walk east past the American Airlines Credit Union, following signs to the Metrolink Platform.
- The Metrolink does not use tokens or turnstiles; rather, they have ticket inspectors who walk the trains. Simply buy a one-way ticket at the airport platform. This should be pre-validated. If not, there are red validation machines.
- Ride the Metrolink to the Central West End station. This will be eight or nine stops, depending on which terminal you boarded on.
Step 2: Getting around the Central West End.
Exit the Metrolink platform and go up the stairs on the western end of the platform. This will put you in the center of Washington University School of Medicine / Barnes-Jewish Hospital campus. Here is a Google Map that highlights Workshop locations, hotels and recommended restaurants in the area.
Step 3: Feeling adventurous?
St Louis has Uber, which makes it easy to get around and explore the city in relative safety. Here are some neighborhoods and attractions that you may be interested in:
- Delmar Loop (also easily accessible via Metrolink)
- "Grand" South Grand
- Downtown / Washington Avenue (also easily accessible via Metrolink)
Step 4: Going Home
Simply reverse your steps in Step 1, with one important detail: Get on a Westbound Red Line train. Way-finding on Metrolink platforms is not very good, compared to most other mass-transit systems. Be sure to be watchful for a train with red signage displaying "Lambert Airport" as its final destination.